Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Templates incompatible with the new blogger?

I have yet to switch to the new blogger. Well, I tried to but I got the message that "one of your blogs could not be switched because........." and after that the "Switch Now" button disappeared from my sign-in page so I could no longer even try to switch.

I'm wondering whether its because I was using a modified template and not one of the blogger original ones. The template has a new version that is compatible with the new blogger. However, I'm not a technical person and its harder for me to do my "copy and paste" tricks now with the new blogger version.

I didn't want to waste too much time on the technical aspects of blogging since I prefer to just write. That is why I have switched my template to one of the original ones by blogger.

So if you are surprised by this blog's new look, well, this is my simple explanation. I prefer the old look and I'm not changing the look for the new year. I'm changing it in the hopes that if I get to switch to the new blogger again later on, I won't need to do a lot of adjusting work.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I think the new blogger (ex-beta) is a bit restrictive in the use / variety of templates. That's why I did not switch my whatever blog though I liked the "category" function.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pablopabla,
    Now that its no longer in beta, it will be a matter of time before everyone is required to switch so no choice in the matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can go New Version blogger but you don't need to use their template and you better don't use their Template. Cannot put Adsense inside the post wan. Got a workorund but then the ads don't look good.

    But if you start new blog with the new version, sorry lah. Must use their template. If you download third party template, it won't work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah pek,
    I have a test blog using the new blogger. I think they have fixed that adsense bug or whatever that they had when they first came out in beta. Now we can include our adsense into their template but if I'm not mistaken the sizes and location of the ads are limited. :( which is why I have put off switching as long as I can, but now that they're out of beta....... :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...