As a mother, I love to read books by other mothers to gain insight into their parenting views. Susan Merrill, director of iMOM.com is a mother of 5, 2 of whom were adopted in their preteens. Her children are now between the ages of 17 to 22. In The Passionate Mom, she shares the story of the Old Testament Book of Nehemiah and how to use the very same approach to become a passionate mom in today's world.
The Passionate Mom is an excellent guide for moms all over, whether your child is a toddler, teenager or on the brink of adulthood. You will find the values and wisdom in this book useful. Susan shares the 10 Ps a mom must have in order to parent in today's world. They are perception, pondering, passion, prayer, patience, preparation, purpose, planning, problem solving and perseverance. Each of these are discussed in detail in separate chapters.
I find that I lack the process of perception, pondering and planning the most of all. I do not think enough about what my child needs through perception and pondering and I do not have an overall parenting plan. Susan points out that these are very important processes in order to become the passionate mom that you want to be. Many of us live from day to day and get so caught up in the whirlwind of our lives and the urgency of our list of todos that we sometimes forget them. Thank you, Susan for reminding me of this through your book The Passionate Mom.
Now, I have a special surprise for readers of this blog. You too can read Susan's insights on Parenting. I have one copy of The Passionate Mom to giveaway for this Mother's Day to one lucky mother.
How To Enter This Giveaway:
- 1. This Giveaway is open internationally. Void where prohibited.
- 2. One winner will receive 1 copy of The Passionate Mom by Susan Merrill
- 3. Complete the Rafflecopter form below and follow the instructions on the form to submit your entries. You may submit as many entries as you like to increase your chances of winning.
- 4. Please provide a valid email address so you can be contacted if you win
- 5. You will need to reply to the winning email within 48 hours or another winner will be selected
- 6. This giveaway ends on Friday, 17th May 2013.
a Rafflecopter giveaway