Thursday, August 20, 2015

11 Best Books For Moms



Whether you are a mom looking for a good read or you wish to buy a book for a mother, this post features good books for mothers. They include tear jerker novels, true life stories, poems, parenting, self-help and more.

Books For Mothers

Here is a compilation of books for mothers. Whether mom is a busy working mom, a stay at home mom, a mom who works from home, most moms should love this reading list.
They are compiled with busy moms in mind. Busy moms who love to read and still find time to read and improve their thoughts on parenting and relationships.
These books are also great to give to mother as a gift for Mother's Day, her birthday or just because mom loves to read. All times of genres are included in this reading list for moms. This list includes new books as well as evergreen mom favorites.

1. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Moms: Simple Ways to Stress Less and Enjoy Your Family More By Kristine Carlson - Top Recommended Book For Mothers To Read

You know what they say about book covers and titles. Well, this one calls out to me to read it. I'm a mom you see and I would love it if anyone can tell me the secret how to stress less and enjoy my family more.
Recently my daughter had an assignment where she had to interview her mom (me). She also had to describe her mom's character in one adjective. The only word she could think of to describe me was "ANGRY".
As for my son, he is constantly trying to soothe out the worry and frustrated lines on my forehead with his hands. "Smile mom, come on, please smile. Don't frown. You will add more lines and grow old faster."
In this book Kristine Carlson will reveal how to ...
Be a Mom, Not a Friend
Balance Being a Woman and a Mom
Pursue Your Passion, But Not at the Expense of Your Children
Reclaim Your Family
Yes, this one is definitely on my reading list.

2. Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua - Are You A Tiger Mom? Even If You Are Not This Book For Mothers By A Tiger Mom Is An Eye Opener Indeed



Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother. You'll either love this one or hate it. Whichever way it affects you, it will definitely impact you one way or another.
I for one, would choose to read a book even if I do not agree with the views of the author especially on what could be quite a sensitive subject or topic that is Parenting.
To me, when it comes with Parenting, it is "To Each His Own". There is no wrong or right in Parenting. When it comes to Parenting, we have to do whatever we feel comfortable with which is right for our own circumstances and family situations. However, it does help to read different points of view.
Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother is an eye-opening exploration of the differences in Eastern and Western parenting--and the lessons parents and children everywhere teach one another.

3. The 5 Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell - This Book Is Written From A Christian Perspective By A God Loving Man But This Book For Mom


I'm currently reading this one. I enjoyed The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts for couples in love. The simplicity of how we can do wonders in our relationships merely by speaking in the love language that our partners understand is incredibly amazing.
Naturally, I had to read this one to learn how to love my children better. In this book The 5 Love Languages of Children, Gary Chapman teams up with Ross Campbell. Gary with his simple message of speaking Love Languages while Ross with his many years in psychiatric medicine focusing on children and adolescents make a marvelous team.

4. How to Really Love Your Child by Ross Campbell - Moms Will Learn A Thing About Or Two About Unconditional Love From This Book For Mothers


This one is next on my reading list. I haven't read it yet but I certainly am interested in reading about how to love my child unconditionally. Not only that, I am keen to make sure that my child feels my love.
Sometimes we moms do things for our children because we love them. We know we love them. However, the strange thing is sometimes children do not feel that we love them.
I want to learn how to not only love my children unconditionally but I want to make sure that they feel truly loved and accepted. Taking care of my child's emotional needs is very important to me and even if a book shows me just one simple way in a sentence, I would read the entire book and find that book of value to me.

5. Mother, Wife, Myself: Poems About Finding Yourself After Becoming A Mother And Wife by Mimi Koay 


This one is written by me. After becoming a wife and one quick year later a mother and another 2 years later a mother of two in quick succession, I felt lost. I was a new mother, I had no mother of my own. My mother died when I was 10. There was no one to show me how to become a good wife and mother. I tried my best to become the best wife and mother I could be . Sometimes in doing so, I forgot myself.
This book is written in the form of poems and short quotes about the joys of motherhood and how not to lose yourself after becoming a mother and wife. How do you keep your individuality after becoming a wife? How do you not lose yourself after having children? How do you find the perfect balance in raising kids?
I wrote these poems in my early days of motherhood over 8 years. Throughout this time I went from Wife to Mother and eventually found myself again. I found that I was a better person after becoming a mother. I found that I could not ignore myself. It was important to take care of myself so that I could look after those I love.
In the end I found that "I have not lost myself. I have discovered my new self. I have learned that I am a stronger person than I thought I knew. I am evolving into this new and better person called "MOTHER".

6. Bringing Up Boys By Dr James Dobson - This Book For Mothers Is A Good Read For Mothers Of Boys

This will be a nice gift book for Mothers with boys. In fact moms with boys may want to purchase this book as part of their reading list on how to bring up their boys. It deals with the special issues you face when bringing up boys and gives you a new perspective on understanding your child.
Though this book has at times received negative criticism, like any other book, I feel it is worthwhile to read the author's thoughts and views. You may not necessarily agree with all of them but as a parent and mom, you would want to be widely read to broaden up your perspectives on parenting.

7. O's Best Advice Ever!: Make Over Your Life With Oprah & Friends By The Oprah Magazine Editors of O - If You Love Oprah, You Will Love This Inspiring Book By

If mom is a fan of Oprah, then this is the perfect book to get for mom. This book draws from 10 years of O, The Oprah Magazine.
In this new book O's Best Advice Ever is a comprehensive compilation of O, The Oprah Magazine with contributors from all the experts from O including Dr Oz, Suze Orman, Dr. Phil, Martha Beck, Bob Greene, Oprah herself and many other contributors.
It will inspire and motivate mothers to live their best lives, from their health and finances to their relationships and personal style.

8. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin - Here Is Another Good Book For Moms Who Like To Read Inspiring Stories

"The days are long, but the years are short," This made Rubin dedicated a year to her happiness project.
In this fun, lively and compelling account or her happiness project moms can find out how one can be happy simply adjusting attitude, quitting nagging or through the everyday mundane jobs of cleaning closets and making beds.
How to be happier? A good read for tired moms seeking happiness.

9. Please Look After Mom By Kyung-Sook Shin - Books For Mothers List Should Include Tear Jerker Novels And This One Certainly Is

Here is a tear jerker novel for mom. It is about a 69 year old mom who gets separated from her husband in a crowded Seoul Subway Station.
Please Look After Mom is told in the voices of her husband, daughter, son and mom herself. It is the story of family love, of remembrances and regrets told by the children, husband and herself as the search continues for mom.

10. Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Mothers by Various Authors - The Collection Of Heartwarming Stori

Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Mothers

This collection of stories will warm mother's hearts. I love the Chicken Soup Series. It is inspiring and the stories are short and touch the hearts. I can read one a day when I am very busy just to inspire and move me along when I feel down.
Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul include stories about maternal love, courage, devotion, and triumph. These are stories about everyday women sharing their intimate experiences about becoming a mother, almost losing a child, discovering miracles, and honoring the wisdom of grandmothers are inspiring and tear jerking most of the time.
Mothers of all ages will appreciate this book as a gift to themselves or as a gift to a beloved mom.

11. How to Be an Amazing Mum When You Just Don't Have the Time By Tanith Carey - This Book Is For Mothers Who Are Hard Pressed For Time And Which Mother Isn't?

Are you a pressed for time mom. Most moms are. There just aren't enough hours in the day for mom.
Whether at home full-time with the children or balancing the demands of home and workplace, all mothers could use more time in the day. This book contains short cuts for moms that work including how to head off mess before it happens, how to choose toys which won't leave your home looking like a bombsite.
You will also learn how to stay in shape and lose weight even when the kids don't allow you time to exercise, and how to get your children to do what you ask the first time-not the 20th. Sounds like good advice for mums with young children. If you know a mom with young children, you might just want to get this one as a gift book for her. It will help to get some advice on how to reduce the daily rush of her life as a mom.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...