Thursday, February 08, 2007

Choking Risk and Choking Hazzard

An 11 year old girl choked on these kuih (local delicacy) recently. You can read more about this incident here: Girl chokes to death on kuih at school.

The onde-onde (thats what this local delicacy is called) is a popular dessert. The filling is usually soft and melts in the mouth. Its sweet and a favourite with children. I love them too.

I was really troubled to read about this death by choking incident. This is a reminder to me, yet again, to not take for granted that my 3 and 5 year old can be left alone to eat unattended, especially any food that can be a choking risk or hazzard. I'm sure that all parents are troubled by this news too. Let us remind each other to always be mindful towards our younger children and to teach our older ones to be careful too.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...