Wednesday, December 19, 2012

They Grow Up So Fast

My kids are going to be 9 and 11 next year. I can't believe it myself. They grow up so fast. When I first started blogging, I was still breastfeeding my firstborn and now she is a tween. I can't imagine the challenges I will have to face when I have two teens in the house in a couple of years.

However, in the meantime, I shall still enjoy my babies. They will always be my babies no matter what age. Just the other day, I was looking at some brochures of baby clothes. I have been getting so many pamphlets and leaflets from departmental stores recently in view of the holiday shopping season.

I looked at the baby clothes and felt a twinge of melancholy especially when I look at the cute baby onesies and baby sleepers. I remember laying the babies down gently on the baby sleepers, putting their tiny hands through the sleeves and buttoning them up all the way, from one leg to another. Oh how I miss that! I showed the kids the Dallas Cowboys Baby Clothes and told them about how I used to wear these cute little clothes for them. They love to hear stories like this about the time when they were babies or younger and we would all have a good laugh together travelling down memory lane.

Kids really grow up so fast. I wish that every parent will realize this and spend more time with their children when they are younger to form strong bonds with their kids. These days, so many parents are so busy trying to make more money to make a more comfortable living for their childrens' future (really nothing wrong with that) but sometimes this is done at the expense of the present moment which should be treasured.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...