Monday, July 11, 2011

You don't have to be stuck in a rut



One of the ways, not to get stuck in a rut is to keep on learning. There are so many things to learn in life. Education does not stop after school, college or university. In the school of life, education and the persuit of knowledge is ongoing.

You can learn just about anything.

A musical instrument, a new game or sport or hobby. Anything at all! I am a 45 year old housewife. I have been a housewife for some years now. (Actually I can't remember the exact years...)

However, in the last couple of years, I have learned so many things. I have learned Chinese Mandarin, I have learned the piano, practical as well as some music theory. I have learned blogging and all the things associated with blogging and I am still learning. I learned some basic html and css as well as some basic SEO (Search Engine Optimization). I am learning how to write articles and I practise everyday. I learned a little belly dancing on my own, just to make my exercise regime more interesting. I also learned how to make some homemade soya bean drink and pandan kaya recently.

There are so many more things I would like to learn.

If I had more time, I would want to learn how to draw cartoons as well as how to draw using the pc as a tool. I want to learn baking and flower arrangement and yoga and how to dance more Latin dances and how to sing. I have taken up Latin dancing and singing classes when I was much younger but what fun it would be if I had the time for it now.


As I said, there are so many things to learn. How can you be stuck in the rut if you are constantly learning? I find that lifelong learning is the best way to get out of any rut. Why not try it? Pick up a new skill, learn something new today.

Learning motivates you to learn even further. Learning is fun. Think about it. What would you like to learn today?

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. That's a funny photo of granny playing a knitting game! I'm learning alot of new things from my kids and because of them. I'm even picking up music now because of my son and when he starts school I'll be learning Chinese too. And, learning new things about blogging everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...