Thursday, June 20, 2013

That Dreaded Call From School

Getting a call from your child's school is a rather unpleasant thing. Why do they only call for something negative?

Anyway, recently I had a call from my children's school. The teacher spoke to me in Mandarin and I almost hung up on her. Oops.

Finally I understood her.

"Are you the mother of ....." She asks. "He fell down during gym and injured his leg. Now he cannot walk. Can you come and take him home now to see the doctor? I am sorry."

Of course I went into a panic mode. I forgot to ask her for any details and said. "Yes, of course I will come now." In my mind's eye, I saw a little boy with a sprained ankle and a cast. My heart went "beep bop beep bop"

When I got to the school, I saw a little boy sitting in the sick bay ... with a grazed knee.

It was just a grazed knee and he didn't need the doctor. Thank goodness. Still, I was glad the teacher called. It shows that the system is in place and the teacher knows what to do and how to reach me in case of an emergency.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. And the teacher told you that he can't walk! Oh gosh! What if WE die of heart attack upon hearing that??!! That's why I gave my husband's number to the school as the first number to call in case of emergency. My number is in case you can't reach him :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...